We were busy this Memorial Day. After discovering a bit of mold, I decided the cracked tiles in the bathroom just weren't going to cut it. Fearing the worst, we began demolishing the tub enclosure.
(that's our neighbor helping)
Surprisingly, (thankfully) there wasn't much mold. Yay! It still needed to come down. Cracked tiles are never a positive. The worst place was in the middle where the soap dish was. It was really bad.
Nest we put up roofing felt and then the cement board.
We chose to use Hardiebacker because it's much easier to work with. I tell you, I don't think my days of working at Home Depot have paid off more than they have with this project!!
We greenboarded the rest of it and bought our tiles tonight. Tomorrow afternoon I'll be putting fiberglass tape and thinset in the joints and then we'll start putting in the tile. More pictures to come!!